251 W 72nd St
New York, NY 10023 b/t Broadway & West 72nd St
Upper West Side
A medium sized restaurant buzzing with activity. And that’s no surprise with a $45 for 12 piece omakase. As my friend mentioned, it’s a 1/3 the price without being 1/3 the quality. In fact, from my novice POV, I felt they were more creative than Kura with interesting toppings. Take a look!
Yellowtail, Red Snapper, Scallop
Yellowtail, Red Snapper with Kelp & Torched scallop w/ yuzu pepper
- At this point, I just want them to torch everything! Adds flavor and texture!
Shrimp, Horse Mackerel, Tuna
Lemony cold shrimp w/ dry and crispy head
- This was a favorite. The cool temperature and zing of lemon was a welcome surprise
Japanese horse mackerel w/ scallions
Marinated Bluefin Tuna
- I won’t lie, the marinade gave it a tasty kick!
Fatty Tuna, Mackerel, King Salmon
Chew toro medium fatty tuna
King Salmon with Acura
- Now this is a dream come tre
Uni, Fatty Tuna, EEl
Maine Uni, Seared Fatty Tuna & Eel
- I won’t lie. At this point I am oddly full and could have gone without the eel. But as always, the fatty tuna is the treat of the Omakase
Two Omakases. Two very different prices. Both delicious.
I returned home satisfied and feeling much more educated about the flavors and etiquette of sushi. I have enough memories that I feel I can reminisce about the delicious pieces without having to run out and plop down a chunk of money every week. Average sushi will get me through until I feel I need another indulgent omakase.
My last note is that I suggest you go with good company to fill out the time and share your experiences. Thanks Uni Diaries 🙂 But also, don’t be afraid to ask the chef about what you’re eating.